Health & Safety Policy
Static Systems Group Ltd is a health and safety conscious company and as such acknowledge the potential health and safety risks associated with all our activities. These activities include design, manufacture, install, service and maintain advanced alarm systems, which are employed mainly in public buildings. All of these operations are carried out at, or controlled from our premises in Wombourne Staffordshire and Pensnett West Midlands. Therefore this policy applies to all activities undertaken by the organisation to which we hold full control.
Senior Management will endorse this policy and ensure it is compatible with the context and strategic direction of the business. The Senior Leadership Team in co-ordination with the Safety, Health and Environmental Manager will be accountable for the effectiveness of the health and safety management system (SMS) and responsible for ensuring that it is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the Company.
Senior Management recognise the risks associated with all the activities conducted by Static Systems Group and the requirement to control them so far as is reasonably practicable.
This will be achieved through our commitment to:
- Managing, monitored and improving our Company systems to ensure this in accordance with ISO 45001.
- Complying with all applicable health and safety legislation and other compliance obligations required to which we subscribe.
- Reviewing periodically the health and safety risks and opportunities related to our activities, including those which could affect our clients and members of the public.
- Committing to continual improvements of the SMS and in health and safety performance through setting achievable objectives and targets.
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related illness and injury to all of our employees, subcontractors working on our behalf and others exposed to our operations.
- Provide the means for continued consultation and participation with all members of staff on any occupational health, safety and welfare related matters
- Identifying and managing key risks and having sufficient arrangements in place to respond to all foreseeable incidents and emergencies.
- Encouraging employee involvement with our health and safety programmes and providing sufficient health and safety training.
- Integration of the SMS into all business processes.
- Ensuring that health and safety is considered in the procurement of goods and services.
Everyone is responsible for the health and safety and the organisation recognises the importance of consulting with and communicating with its stakeholders to encourage their participation in health and safety best practices. This consultation will provide the best framework to continuously improve our performance across the full spectrum of health and safety issues.
Rosemary Cunningham Thomas
Safety, Health & Environmental Manager