In support of the Trust’s corporate plan to improve outcomes for all, a Static Systems’ nurse call was chosen as it provided many advanced features - fully integrated - that would enhance staff efficiency, improve the patient environment and assist with a speedy recovery. Work was carried out in two phases, supported by public funding.
Phase 1 was to provide nurse call and bedhead services trunking to a new build, general ward block, comprising single bedroom accommodation and several large wards.
Static Systems provided a comprehensive IP nurse call system connected to the hospital’s Local Area Network (LAN). Features of the system include:
- Patient-to-nurse call
- Staff-to-staff emergency call
- Control of blinds and lighting within the room, and TV control all using the nurse call patient hand unit
- Full integration with a Vocera mobile network to provide VoIP speech and messaging
- Cardiac call with paging event notification
- Integration with third-party bed exit
- Video door entry
- VoIP based intercom in theatres for emergency communication
- Full remote access using VPM dial-in, allowing remote system updating, fault notification, etc.
- Call logging
Static Systems engaged in numerous design development meetings with contractors and client teams prior to starting on site, assisted with design, supplied and commissioned the system. Installation was undertaken by others.
Phase 2 includes a new build, acute ward block similar to the general ward block.
System: Ultima full end-to-end IP connected to the hospital’s Local Area Network (LAN). Flush mounted, multi-tier Ventura Bedhead Services Trunking.