This apprenticeship is at an advanced level and would suit someone who wants to develop their technical skills and gain a thorough understanding of all areas of the business including: system design, manufacturing, product development and technical support.
It provides the opportunity to develop on-the-job skills in either electrical/electronic engineering or mechanical engineering.
Typical duties will include:-
- Mounting of electronic components
- Assisting with enquiries from customers on specific bespoke nurse call and fire alarm products
- Purchasing of raw materials, chasing orders, sourcing suppliers
- On-site maintenance and commissioning of alarm and communication systems in hospitals and prisons throughout the UK
- Metal work fabrication and welding
- Computer Aided Design and technical development
You will also work towards a relevant work-based NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Technical Support/Computer Aided Design and a BTEC National Level 3 Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
You may also have the opportunity to progress on to HNC level at a later stage.
All candidates should have GSCE (or equivalent) Grade B or above in English, Maths and Science. Candidates offering new GCSE's should have a minimum of Grade 6.
Candidates must also have A Level (or equivalent) in Maths, Science or technically-related subjects.