12 Months' System Warranty: FAQs
Q1. What is covered?
During the warranty period we will repair or replace any equipment which is proved to have been defective in material or workmanship undertaken by Static Systems Group.
The 12 months’ warranty is given with:
- ‘New’ systems where Static Systems Group did not carry out commissioning.
- ‘Modifications’ to systems where Static Systems Group did not carry out commissioning.
- Modifications’ to systems that fall within our ‘legacy’ range of products, where Static Systems Group did carry out commissioning.
- Under the warranty, equipment must be returned to our works for repair unless installation and/or commissioning was undertaken by Static Systems Group.
- Where neither commissioning or installation was undertaken by Static Systems Group an order can be placed to cover the cost of on-site attendance.
Q2. What is not covered?
The warranty excludes, but is not limited to:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Improper use or abuse of equipment, whether intentional or not.
- Damage caused by moisture, liquids, proximity or exposure to heat.
- Batteries, where fitted.
- Damage to cables.
- Wiring faults where installation has been undertaken by others.
- Hardware opened or repaired by someone not authorised by Static Systems Group.
- Where modification work is carried out by Static Systems Group the original system is not covered.
- Alternative warranties are provided for ‘wireless’ systems, patient hand units and similar
Q3. What warranty is provided with nurse call hand units?
Our current range of hand units is covered by a 5 years’ ‘return-to-base’ warranty.
Q4. When does my warranty start?
The warranty is effective from the date of invoice or the set-to-work certificate.
Q5. Will I be charged if the fault is due to an issue with the installation and Static Systems Group did not carry out the work?
Yes. If the installation was not carried out by Static System Group and the fault is found to be due to an issue with the installation, a call-out charge based on our standard rate will be made.
Q6. Where do I return my faulty item of equipment to?
Spares & Repairs Department
Static Systems Group PLC
Heath Mill Road
Tel: 01902 891 633 (normal office hours)
To ensure items are processed without delay we recommend contacting our Spare & Repairs Department before returning equipment. On speaking with us we will issue a returns reference number and start the process to provide your replacement item(s).
Items should not be returned to Static Systems Group without a Declaration of Decontamination. Please see question 8.
Q7. Will I be charged postage and packing?
We ask that units are returned to us at the expense of the customer. We will return replacement units at our expense.
Q8. Do I need to include a Declaration of Decontamination?
Yes. Items of equipment should not be returned to Static Systems Group without a Declaration of Decontamination. Items that do not include the appropriate documentation will not be processed for repair/replacement.
We accept either the hospital’s declaration of decontamination document, or our own. Download:
Q9. How long before my replacement item is despatched?
We aim to despatch ’standard’ replacement items within 2 working days of receipt, and to despatch repaired items within 5 working days.
Q10. What happens if I return an item that is not covered?
We will inspect the item and if it is considered to be outside of warranty we will advise you and agree a course of action.