5 Years Hand Unit Warranty: FAQs
1. Which hand units are covered by the 5 years warranty?
All Mk6 hand units manufactured since 1st January 2012 are covered by the warranty. Mk6 hand units have a distinctive appearance similar to those shown opposite.
2. How do I identify the date of manufacture?
The date of manufacture - together with the part number, is clearly marked on the back of each hand unit (dd/mm/yy). The 5 years warranty applies from this date; commencing on the last day of the month shown.
3. What if my hand unit does not have a date on it?
Hand units manufactured before 1st January 2012 will not have a date marked on the back, and the original warranty conditions apply.
4. What is covered?
The ‘return-to-base’ warranty covers damage due to faulty components that have failed in normal usage.
5. What is not covered?
The warranty does not cover fair wear and tear, willful or accidental damage. Damage to cables is not covered.
6. What happens if I return a hand unit that is not covered?
We will inspect the hand unit and if it is considered to be outside of warranty we will advise and agree a course of action.
7. My hand unit is still under warranty but has been damaged. What do I do?
Return damaged hand units to our Spares & Repairs Department for customer exchange. For pricing details please telephone: +44 (0) 1902 891 633 (normal office hours).
Hand Unit cables for MK6 units, and other component parts for older units can also be purchased through our Spares & Repairs Department.
8. Where do I return my faulty hand units to?
Spares & Repairs Department
Static Systems Group PLC
Heath Mill Road
Tel: +44 (0) 1902 891 633 (normal office hours)
To ensure items are processed without delay we recommend contacting our Spares & Repairs Department to obtain a repairs request number before returning equipment.
Please do not return equipment without a repairs request number.
9. Do I need to include a Declaration of Decontamination?
Yes. Items should not be returned without a Declaration of Decontamination. Items that do not include the appropriate documentation will not be processed for repair/customer exchange.
We accept either the hospital’s own declaration of decontamination document, or our own Certificate of Decontamination
10. How long before my customer exchange hand unit is despatched?
We aim to despatch customer exchange items within 2 working days subject to availability of stock, and to despatch repaired items within 5 working days.
11. Do Static Systems Group provide service & maintenance contracts?
Yes. For details of our care packages please telephone: 01902 891 054 or email:
12. Who do I contact if I wish to provide customer feedback?
We pride ourselves on our customer service and welcome feedback. If you would like to comment on any aspect of the company please complete the form below and click 'feedback'.