Bed Exit Alert
Inpatient falls are common place and remain a challenge for the NHS. Often, a fall increases the financial burden on the Trust through increased length of stay and there is the potential for additional care costs on discharge. And, even a fall that does not cause physical injury can cause anxiety and distress for the patient and their family.
To help make staff aware of a patient exiting their bed within the shortest possible time 'Bed Exit Alert' can be provided using Lnx™
The benefits of introducing Bed Exit Alert can be further increased by adding other task management solutions.
These can include:-
User specified call types
Automatic lighting switch-on
Clinical Reporting and Analytics
How it works
The existing patient hand unit is replaced with the Lnx™ equivalent which looks and operates in exactly the same way. A pressure mat connected to a Connect Unit is placed on the floor alongside the patient bed. The two units communicate wirelessly.
As the patient steps onto the mat a 'patient-to-nurse call' is raised.
At a glance:-
- Designed for easy connection to pressure pads placed on chairs and floor mats placed alongside patient beds.
- Provides a practical alternative to constant supervision of patients with cognitive impairment or who cannot easily walk unsupported.
- Can address concerns raised as part of a patient risk assessment, particularly when used in single bed rooms.
- Reduces pressure on caregivers.
- Works as an integral part of an Ultima™ and Codemlon™ nurse call system with automatic prioritising of events and ’follow-the-light’ operation to assist staff in quickly locating the call.
- Comprehensive range of additional enhanced solutions available to complement Bed Exit.